Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM test not starting up

Hello,
    I am using BurnInTest V5.0 for ARM64 (licensed) to test an embedded system.
    When I try to use the RAM test, it does not seem to start up and reports a "No operations during test period" error.

I have attached a log file of the test run for reference.

Note:
    Depending on the application called, results are different:
    - bit_gui_arm - Test hangs as described
    - bit_cmd_line_arm - Shows a segmentation fault when switching to the test (#3)
    - bit_cmd_line_aarch64 - Seems to work as expected

Are there any known issues with RAM test for ARM?

Thanks
    Thomas
    Attached Files

For the GUI version:

bit_gui_arm is 32-bit only at the moment and will not work on machines running ARM64. bit_gui_arm built with a Yocto linux toolchain using Qt 5.15, will only work on limited systems based on this toolchain. Due to some 64-bit libraries used in the GUI not being available or incompatible, we are not able generate the GUI for 64-bit arch.

For the Command Line version:

There are two versions of command line BurnInTest in the "arm" folder a version for 32-bit systems called bit_cmd_line_arm and a version for 64-bit systems called bit_cmd_line_aarch64. If your CPU is 64-bit, then you will need to choose the correct one to run.

Based on your description, "bit_cmd_line_aarch64 - Seems to work as expected", then there does not seem to be an issue.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

I am running bit_gui_arm on an Ubuntu 22.04 based system and I haven't encountered problems with other tests, only the RAM test does not seem to work.
      Is the GUI version completely unsupported on a 64 bit platform and bit_cmd_line_aarch64 the only version that should be used?

Thanks
      Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by thommel View Post
        Is the GUI version completely unsupported on a 64 bit platform and bit_cmd_line_aarch64 the only version that should be used?
        Yes. The 32-bit GUI version was a custom development requested and funded by a customer. They provided the physical hardware and software toolchains to get BurnInTest Linux ARM to run on specifically their system. During testing, we found the build compatible with limited other setups and as such made it available for download on the off chance it works.

Comment

Working...
        X