Error Number 4 when starting BurnInTest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Number 4 when starting BurnInTest

I'm trying to use BurnInTest to test a HP Pavilion x360 laptop which occasionally gets a BSOD.

Just in case i disabled Windows Defender, then installed BurnInTest - which installed okay.
    But when i run BurnInTest, while the screen loads - it also displays an error with "Error during startup. A problem has occurred with your installation... Startup Error number 4".

I then uninstall BurnInTest, reboot machine, reinstall BurnInTest - and i continue to get Error number 4 when trying to run it.

I've already run the HP UEFI diagnostics - and they passed fine.
    I booted off a USB & ran MemTest86 - and that passed fine.
    I installed another SSD in the laptop, installed Win11 on it - on first boot (after install completed) it got a BSOD.
    I also updated the BIOS to the latest version.

It would seem to be hardware issue, but the BSOD's don't seem to be anything specific which would trigger it (as in it might occur after using the machine for 5mins or 1 hour).

Would just be good to be able to determine if it is a hardware issue (and what component) - or just say a driver or firmware issue... but im running out of ideas

Startup Error 4 points to something is interfering with the BurnInTest licencing/install files when it starts up (e.g. either preventing access). You should be able to remove the error by deleting the folders

C:\ProgramData\PassMark\BurnInTest10
    C:\Users\<username>\Documents\PassMark\BurnInTest1 0

as well as anything in the windows temp folders

C:\Windows\Temp
    C:\Windows\System32\temp

and then re-installing.​

Comment

Thanks... got it working

Comment

Working...
      X