LTE, Cellular, 5G, Mobile Broadband connection testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTE, Cellular, 5G, Mobile Broadband connection testing

I would like to utilize BIT for testing M.2 LTE modem card we have in our industrial PC system. I searched the forum and only could find one or two posts that suggested using standard network test. That is the direction I was starting with as well but I in my case the cellular connection is not recognized as network interface. The device is connected, has IP address and I can access the outside world through it. The test is set to "all physical network ports".
    What do I need to do to make it show up? (BIT 10.2, Win 10 LTSC)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cell1.png
Views:	53
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	56921

Name:	Cell2.png
Views:	43
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	56922

Name:	Cell3.png
Views:	40
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	56923​​

Can you start BurnInTest in debug mode or set the logging to trace level 2? Then start the testing, in the trace log, BurnInTest should log all the IP addresses it found via the Windows API's GetAdaptersAddresses call. Post or send in the log and we can take a look.

Comment

Attached the trace log
      Attached Files

Comment

LOG NOTE: 2024-04-22 11:35:11, GetAvailableNICs_IPv4_IPv6: Found: Cellular 18
        LOG NOTE: 2024-04-22 11:35:11, GetAvailableNICs_IPv4_IPv6: Filtered out​
        The adapter is found but is being filtered out for not being supported type by BurnInTest. BurnInTest currently only support adapters that identify as Ethernet (Standard or Gigabit) and or 802.11 device. If the adapter is identifying as Modem then it won't be selected by BurnInTest.

You can use PerformanceTest's Advanced Network Test as an alternative.

Comment

We'll look at supporting this for the next major release.

Comment

Thanks. There are plenty of ways to test this interface but having a single tool that can do it all is pretty convenient.
            It would be great if you could add this functionality.

Comment

Working...
            X