Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BurnInTest Linux How does it open the help documentation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BurnInTest Linux How does it open the help documentation?

This is probably a configuration issue on my part but when I click the 'Help'-button in BurnInTest v5.0 (1011) Linux 64-bit, I get an error saying "Unable to start a web browser to open the URL". Chromium is installed and working but I might need to add some kind of link in pcmanfm default applications to make it work, depending on how BurnInTest tries to open the files. I can open the help files (like index.html) manually and then it opens up in chromium as expected.

If the environment variable BROWSER is set, BurnInTest Linux will try to launch the help documentation with it. If the environment variable is not set, then it will try to launch (in order): FireFox, Mozilla, Konqueror, Netscape, Opera, or Google-Chrome.

We'll add Chromium to the list of browsers BurnInTest Linux will try to launch in a future update.

Comment

Thanks, I'll use the environment variable. Chromium does have an issue with running as root though and as I'm currently running BurnInTest as sudo then chromium is also launched as root user but I think I'll find a solution to that.

Comment

Working...
      X