Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Network Test does not work on Ubuntu/Fedora - no Endpoint found

Hello,
    I am using BurnIn V5 (1014) on an Ubuntu 24.04 LTS system. Everything (what i used till now) works fine except for the Advanced Network test section.

If you select the "advanced network test" in the configuration menu under Network and then click on ""Advanced Test Options", the drop-down menu under "Network card IP address" is empty. It looks as if the network interface is not found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	30
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	57697

However, the following is displayed in the Network section of the System Information when BurnIn is started (see photo):

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	55
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	57696

I also noticed that if you open the TestMode drop-down box in the Advanced Network test options menu and then click Select Network card IP address again, BurnIn crashes and quits.
    I have also tried to find the endpoint via test all ipv4 networkcards, but again the endpoint is not found and therefore the advanced networktest is not possible.

As a countercheck I also tried Fedora, here I also came across the missing network cards and the not found endpoint.

Another countercheck was with Windows10, here everything works perfectly as usual.​

I ask myself the question am I doing something wrong in Linux-BurnIn or have I overlooked something? It works perfectly in Windows.

Many thanks in advance
    DUTtester​ =)

Can you check if you can run 'ifconfig' command and send us the output? If not installed run:
    sudo apt install net-tools

And see if dropdown is still empty?
    If so, can you run BITLinux in debug mode (with '-d' parameter), and send us the logs?

Might also be the reason why Display Endpoints does not show anything.

EDIT: was able to reproduce the crashes, will be fixed in the next build

Comment

Hello,
      many thanks for the quick help.
      After installing net-tools (sudo apt install net-tools) it works perfectly. The network devices are now also displayed in the dropdown box and the advanced network test works.

thanks again and have a nice weekend in advance.
      BR
      DUTtester =)

Comment

Working...
      X