Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinPE Builder - Error Building WinPE Image (4) Failed to mount WinPE image

Hello,

I tried to create a WinPE image with Burn In Test, to use it for our build PCs.
    But I cannot get the WinPE Builder to work.

As described in the video guid I installed the Microsoft Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit and the WinPE 10 addon.
    It all goes well till the point that the creation starts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	49
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	57778

the creation process fails every time with §Failed to mount WinPE image§. The log shows also nothing more as in the image above.
    Since I have only one USB stick ready right now I tried to generate an ISO but this fails also with the same error.
    I hope there is someone who can help me

If if is failing to mount the .wim image, then can you verify you have (or try to reinstall) Windows PE add-on installed?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...iew=windows-11

The base winpe.wim image is supplied by the add-on. You can also check that the default folder exists on your system, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Windows Preinstallation Environment", where the WinPE add installs to.

Comment

Thanks for your reply,
      I checked the file location and as intended it was installed correctly.
      I deinstalled everything and reinstalled it from scratch, but the result was the same,
      So, I decided to use a different PC and setup everything again from scratch.
      From this PC the build process worked, and it was possible to mount the image and create a bootable WinPE version from USB stick.

Comment

Working...
      X