BITLinux: Could not determine type of Test CD/DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BITLinux: Could not determine type of Test CD/DVD

Hi, we are doing BITLinux test on SUSE and Fedora, but encountering an error when doing CD/DVD test. We are using IDE ODD and standerd Test CD&DVD odered from PassMark.

In BITLinux v1.0 (1007), it shows "Could not determine type of Test CD/DVD" error description, and check in Preferences no CD-RW/DVD drive is listed.

I suppose it's BITLinux's issue, because IDE ODD is functional for other tests.

It might be because the ODD has a device name that BIT doesn't expect and so it doesn't seen the drive as being present. Can you give us some details about your setup + details of the O/S version.

Unfortunately we are coming into the Christmas holidays so our support will be a little slow for the next week or so.

Comment

My IDE ODD is connected to ATI SB600 southbridge;
      OS version is SUSE10.2 i386 version;
      BITLinux v1.0 (1007)

Have you got any board on hand and help to check this issue?
      Thank you very much!

Comment

We are speculating that this error is either a misconfiguration in the Linux fstab or mtab file system table file or maybe due to the CD being mounted only after BIT was started?

But the number and types of devices you have installed and the file system in use might also effect the behaviour.

So it would be good if you could post or E-mail us the content of your fstab and mtab files plus the debug file that is automatically generated by BIT when it starts up. This file is created in the same directory of the executable and is called 'debug.log'.

Comment

fstab
          /dev/hda2 / ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 1
          /dev/hda3 /home ext3 acl,user_xattr 1 2
          /dev/hda1 swap swap defaults 0 0
          proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
          sysfs /sys sysfs noauto 0 0
          debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs noauto 0 0
          usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs noauto 0 0
          devpts /dev/pts devpts mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
          /dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto noauto,user,sync 0 0

mtab
          /dev/hda2 / ext3 rw,acl,user_xattr 0 0
          proc /proc proc rw 0 0
          sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
          debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw 0 0
          udev /dev tmpfs rw 0 0
          devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=0620,gid=5 0 0
          /dev/hda3 /home ext3 rw,acl,user_xattr 0 0
          securityfs /sys/kernel/security securityfs rw 0 0
          /dev/hdb /media/SU1010.001 iso9660 ro,nosuid,nodev,uid=0 0 0

Comment

Sorry, debug.log file is too big here. Where can I email to?

Comment

E-Mail contact details are on the support page.

Is /dev/hdb your CDROM?

Comment

Yep, it's /dev/hdb. And I have sent the debug.log file to . Thanks!endnomailto()

Comment

After looking through the log file and the mtab information you provided it looks like we can narrow the problem down to the fact it looks like when your CD/DVD drive is mounted it picks up the name of the media in the drive and uses that for the mount point. BurninTest isn't expecting this becuase it not something we have seen with other Linux distributions, and doesn't interpret it as a mounted CD/DVD drive, instead picking it up as an undefined media source.

Here is the drive in your log file,

Name: /dev/hdb
                  Mount point: /media/PASSMARK_DVD
                  Type: udf
                  Opts: ro,nosuid,nodev,uid=0
                  Freq: 0
                  Pass #: 0
                  Alias: Media (/media/PASSMARK_DVD) [/dev/hdb]
                  and here is a drive in my laptop (running Gentoo)

Name: /dev/hdc
                  Mount point: /media/cdrecorder1
                  Type: auto
                  Opts: user,exec,noauto,managed
                  Freq: 0
                  Pass #: 0
                  Alias: CD/DVD (/media/cdrecorder1) [/dev/hdc]
                  Due to Christmas it will probably be early January before we can provide a fix for this issue. As a workaround, if you mount the drive to something like /media/cd BurninTest should pick it up correctly.

Comment

I've tried to mount like /media/cd before BITLinux CD/DVD test, and it functions.
                    Our colleagues are prompting same issue can be observed on RedHat/Fedora distributions too.
                    So please implement BITLinux for all these popular distributions you are promising to support.
                    Thank you very much and have a good holiday!
                    Last edited by Harris_liang; Dec-22-2006, 02:29 AM. Reason: Add words...

Comment

The changes made for the beta version (http://www.passmark.com/ftp/burnintest_v1_0_1008b2.zip) which fixes this issue (for which you have verified successfully) will be incorporated into the next release of BurnInTest Linux.
                      SK
                      PassMark Software

Comment

Hi sk, I have to raise up another issue with Command Line Version since it's available.
                        It has the same issue like GUI version - does not recognizing SATA ODD.

SATA ODD is common now. And we are testing on SATA ODD.

For most Linux Distros, SATA ODD is shown as /dev/scd0 or dev/sr0. Can you made fix to Command Line Version to comply the SATA ODD?

Comment

Working...
                        X