Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS-422 Loopback?

Hi,

Does BurnInTest 5.1 Pro build 1014 support testing of RS-422 (via loopback plugs), as well as RS-232?

Thanks

You need an additional RS-232 to RS-422 adapter if you want to do the loop back test using our RS-232 loop back plug. From a software point of view it should be OK however, the RS-422 port should appear as a normal COM port in Windows.

There is also the possibility that you can build your own RS-422 loopback plugs using the RS-232 loopback pin outs as a starting point.

Comment

That's good. So if I have an RS-422 loopback plug and it is detected as a normal COM port by Windows, then BurnInTest will be capable of testing it? Has this ever been done so you know for sure?

Comment

We had another customer who was going to try it a couple of years back. One of the big aircraft manufacturers I think. I never heard anything back so I assume it was all OK. But you can test you setup with the Windows HyperTerm before buying BurnInTest in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by scs102 View Post
          That's good. So if I have an RS-422 loopback plug and it is detected as a normal COM port by Windows, then BurnInTest will be capable of testing it? Has this ever been done so you know for sure?
          We've been testing 422 serial ports with no issues here. Afterall, the only difference is that the signals are differential - you just need to make a custom loopback
          Jay W.
          Diagnostic Engineer
          Comark Corporation
          93 West St.
          Medfield, MA 02052
          http://www.comarkcorp.com

Comment

Thanks for the help - the online documentation wasn't specific.

scs102

Comment

Working...
            X