BurnInTest v5.2 - Vista Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BurnInTest v5.2 - Vista Support

Today we are happy to announce that we have pre-released V5.2 of BurnInTest Professional (32-bit Windows).

V5.2 is the first version of BurnInTest to officially provide support for Windows Vista. If you are using BurnInTest on Vista, it is recommended that you move to V5.2 of BurnInTest.

V5.2 of BurnInTest also includes a number of other benefits such as:
    - Increased the number of disks that can be tested from 20 to 26.
    - The Block size used in the disk test is now configurable (and per disk). The default block size has been increased from 16KB to 32KB.
    - Disk test settings can be configured for "Automatically Select all Hard Disks", rather than using defaults.
    - An option has been added to automatically detect all of the CD and DVD drives for the CD test (as per the disk test). This may be useful when testing across many systems with different optical drive configurations.
    - When running the CD test under BartPE (Pre-install environment) some specific files are now skipped as they are unavailable for testing.
    - BurnInTest has been updated to reflect that Temperature monitoring with Intel Desktop utilities is supported. Intel Desktop utilities essentially is a replacement for Intel Active Monitor for newer Intel motherboards.
    - Replaced the Help system with Browser based help.

V5.2.1004 of BurnInTest Professional (32-bit) can be downloaded from:
    http://www.passmark.com/ftp/bitpro521004.exe

Valid V5.0 or V5.1 licenses will continue to work with V5.2 of BurnInTest.

The other flavors of BurnInTest (Standard, Zip, and 64-bit) are planned in the coming days.

Best regards,
    Ian (PassMark)

Thanks for this and am testing at present.
    I like the idea of select all hdd & CD/DVD, it really does help cut down on the bitcfg files.
    However, we see some laptops that do not have any optical drives by default and I am experimenting with BartPe SDI images downloaded as a PXE load.
    For this reason, is it possible to have "CD-RW/DVD" selected in "Test configuration and duty cycle" and in "Test Prefences/CD-RW/DVD" to have "Automatically select all drives" on these units.
    At present Bit complains of the lack of drives. It is no big deal if this can not be done, as I say it is merely to help reduce the number of cfg files.

Regards,
    SteveA

Comment

While we could do this, there is a downside in that the CD/DVD detection relies on the drive being visible to Windows. In rare cases, it is possible that the CD/DVD drive is connected but some problem has prevented this (for example, failure of the driver to load).

So at this stage, I think we would prefer to leave BurnInTest such that if a user selects the CD test in the duty cycle window, then there is a warning that there are no CD/DVD's selected as a safeguard.

So for now, you will need another set of config files.

Regards,
      Ian (PassMark)
      Last edited by Ian (PassMark); Feb-15-2007, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks Ian.
        I understand your point and this scenario did actually occur to me.
        You just can't keep every one happy

I just find the upkeep of the cfg files such a pain.

Regards,
        SteveA

Comment

We have released V5.2 of BurnInTest Standard (32-bit) and Professional (32-bit and 64-bit), as well as rebooter V1.3 (packaged with BurnInTest).

These all support Windows Vista as well as a number of other improvements.

Further information is available from:
          http://www.passmark.com/products/bit.htm
          http://www.passmark.com/products/rebooter.htm

Regards,
          Ian (Passmark)

Comment

Working...
          X