Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian (PassMark)
    replied
    To specifiythe full path of the config file to the c parameter, from the command line (or bat file...):
    bit.exe /c "C:\Program Files\BurnInTest\MyBigTest.bitcfg"

Often this is also specified with /r to start the tests automatically.

If no path is specified then in V5.2 (on W2000 and above, and when not run with a key.dat file) then BurnInTest will attempt to load the config file from the User's personal directory:
    eg. bit.exe /c MyBigTest.bitcfg
    would load from:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\PassMark\BurnInTest\MyBigTest.bitcfg

Regards,
    Ian (PassMark)

Leave a comment:

• JamesBulpin
    replied
    e.g:

bit.exe -C c:\any\dir\you\like\bit.bitcfg -R

Leave a comment:

• eDuk
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesBulpin View Post
    This worked for me on an upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2: I had to give the full path of the bitcfg file to the -c paramater instead of just the filename and running from the directory containing that file. Without this it compained of not finding its config under My Documents. With the full path I can still run from anywhere.
    How do you give the full path of the config file to the c parameter? You'll have to bear with me i think im a little lost.

Leave a comment:

• mbtester
    replied
    Many thanks, I will try this. I have at least 50+ custom script sequences. This could save me alot of work

regards
    mbtester

Leave a comment:

• JamesBulpin
    replied
    This worked for me on an upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2: I had to give the full path of the bitcfg file to the -c paramater instead of just the filename and running from the directory containing that file. Without this it compained of not finding its config under My Documents. With the full path I can still run from anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• BITCFG files will only execute from My Documents\Passmark\Burn-in

I am in proces of upgrading my site license from 4.0 to 5.2 and bought an initial single copy to evaluate before doing so. I installed on my master drive and then copied the new bit.exe application to my test subdirectory path as I had always done in the past. I can use previous test scripts to launch BIT.exe from it's old paths but it will not utilize the .bitcfg files except from documents and settings\......\my documents\passmark\burnin directory. Also when I modify and save a new BITCFG file it will only save to this location. This really causes me issues with all of my test sequences and master test drives. It used to launch or save from where ever it was called. Why was this changed and is there a way around this? Is this by design or an OS bug? I use WinXP Pro SP2a

Thanks
Working...
X