Passmark 5.1 ASCII testlog result Pass/Fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passmark 5.1 ASCII testlog result Pass/Fail

We have a batched environment that we are using with PassMark Burnin Test Pro 5.1 build 1014. We are using Scripts to load a system configuration, then launch BIT. The concern that has been raised was regarding the final ASCII test results. If there is an interruption of the test (such as starting the program without serial loop-backs, correcting the problem, then starting the tests again without closing BIT) the final test result footer is very different as follows:
    RESULT SUMMARY
    And:
    TEST RUN PASSED

Versus:
    SCRIPT SERIOUS ERROR SUMMARY
    SCRIPTED TESTS PASSED

The concern is that in both instances the run was successful. The context for having been launched via a script not noted, despite the fact that custom notes are committed to the test report.

Another issue regarding logging was that the test report is not always closed when the post test application launches. As a temporary workaround we have a 3-minute delay in the post test script. This allows me to concatenate additional data into the report.

Not sure what exactly you would expect the behavior to be.

Here is what BurnIntest reports:
    (i) The following heading and PASS/FAIL result is produced for each test run. If you ran 5 tests from the script, then you would see this at the end of each test (i.e. 5 times).
    RESULT SUMMARY
    TEST RUN PASSED

(ii) The following heading and PASS/FAIL is a summary for all tests runs from the script (ie. did all 5 tests PASS).
    SCRIPT SERIOUS ERROR SUMMARY
    SCRIPTED TESTS PASSED

In regards to running a script and then manually stopping the script, I thought I would just point out that the user would need to restart the script and not just press go (as this would only run the loaded test, not the script).

As for concatenating to the BurnInTest log file, BurnInTest holds the log file open until BurnInTest is closed. As such BurnInTest needs to be closed (fully) before modifying the log file. Waiting 3 minutes will work, alternatively you could check for the non-existence of the bit.exe process.

Regards,
    Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Working...
    X