Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do special commands exist to save report in BurnInTest with help of a script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do special commands exist to save report in BurnInTest with help of a script?

Hello! Sorry for my poor English! I'll try to describe my problem. I want to save a BurnInTest's report with results of testing using a script but I don't know what commands to use. Can you help me with it? I use BurnInTest v5.1 Pro (1014) WIN32. Thank you for your reply in advance!

There is not a logging/reporting script command. Rather, you would you pre-configure the logging option you would like to you in the test using Preferences->Logging and save the configuration file. Then your script you would load the configuration file that contains the logging/reporting settings (as well as your other test settings). Reports will be generated based on these loaded settings.

To load a configuration file, use:
    LOAD

To change the log file, use:
    SETLOG

Regards,
    Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Hello again! Thanks for reply, Ian! Ok, can I leave a request for Passmark developers?
      What I would like to see in the next build of your program? I'd like to have a possibility to manage BIT with help of command line. For example, I launch program using line "C:\Program Files\BurnInTest\bit.exe" /s script.bits. So, I want to save a report of testing using special commands from script. On the whole, I want to automatize the process of testing. I think I could explain what I wanted.

Comment

Currently you cannot get the “Customer Certificate” in an automated way (eg. from a script). This is on our To Do list. Is there something else in regards to logging/reporting that you think you can't do in an automated fashion by pre-setting the logging preferences ?

FYI, there is a document that describes automating the use of BurnInTest (in a production environment):
        http://www.passmark.com/ftp/bitproductionline_v4.pdf

Regards,
        Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Hello again! I have another question for you. Are there any methods to kill BurnInTest result window with the help of a script? Certainly, I can type taskkill /im bit.exe in command line, but I want to kill BurnInTest result window using a script. Thanks for your patience!

Comment

Originally posted by sinbat View Post
            Hello again! I have another question for you. Are there any methods to kill BurnInTest result window with the help of a script? Certainly, I can type taskkill /im bit.exe in command line, but I want to kill BurnInTest result window using a script. Thanks for your patience!
            I forgot to add something. Command taskkill I mentioned before doesn't work in a batch file.
            I created cmd files with strings:
            "c:\program files\burnintest\bit.exe" /s script.bits
            pause
            exit
            or
            "c:\program files\burnintest\bit.exe" /s script.bits
            taskkill /im bit.exe
            The process of execution stops and will hang until I press button OK in BurnInTest result window. The question is how to kill this window without human actions?

Comment

I would not use the killtask option. The way to automate a BurnInTest set of tests and then exit automatically is to set a couple of options in Preferences->PostTest, set the "Auto Stop" behaviour for both PASSED and FAILED to "Run external application & exit", leave the "External Application" file blank, also uncheck the "Always display result window".

These settings should then be saved in a configration file that is loaded from the script.

Regards,
              Ian (PassMark)

Comment

Working...
              X