Clear All

• Acces Violation 04FE40202 - Shuttle XPC 945GM Express

Yesterday we did buy Burnintestpro

while Testing a Shuttle x 200xa

Core2 Duo 1,83 GHz
    1 GB
    Samsung SATA 250
    Grafikcard onboard Intel Graphics Media 950

Id did get : Acces Violation at 04FE40202 (tried to read from 0x4FEF600) program terminatet

I tryed it 4 Times

I cannotfind anything wrong with driver or hardware
    and there is nothing in the eventlog to see

++push***********

Comment

This is not a known problem.

Some questions.
      1. Are you using V5.3 of BurnInTest?
      2. What version of Windows are you using?
      3. Does this happen when you start the software, or does it only happen after some hours or days of testing?
      4. What tests are you running in BurnInTest?
      5. Did you try a reduce the number of tests you are running to isolate the problem to one area (e.g. 3D graphics)?
      6. Did you try it on on machine of the same type (or different type)?
      The memory address 0x4FE40202 is high in memory and outside of our code area. So there is a fair chance it is a device driver bug or similar.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
        This is not a known problem.

Some questions.
        1. Are you using V5.3 of BurnInTest?
        1. YES
        2. What version of Windows are you using?
        WINXP pro Sp2 German
      • Does this happen when you start the software, or does it only happen after some hours or days of testing?
      10-30 seconds after starting the Test cycle[quote]
    • What tests are you running in BurnInTest?[quote] RAM Grafics 2 D 3D Drive nothing else
    • Did you try a reduce the number of tests you are running to isolate the problem to one area (e.g. 3D graphics)?
    • still trying
    • Did you try it on on machine of the same type (or different type)?
    • yes same Type, same happening, on differnt type not happening !! possibel Problems with Core2 DuoCPU maybe?
      The memory address 0x4FE40202 is high in memory and outside of our code area. So there is a fair chance it is a device driver bug or similar.
      The Machines are some of these http://eu.shuttle.com/de/DesktopDefa...10_read-13784/

I use the newest driver avalible in www.shuttle.com and otherwise the Machine is running pefectly even with Photoshop or a GIS System. I just wantet to try out differnt machines and CPU configurations and stubeld over that Problem

Comment

You should check the DEP setting, then reduce the number of tests you are running to isolate the problem to one area. If the crash happens after only 10sec, then it should only take 5 minutes to isolate the fault to one area (e.g. 3D graphics).

It is definitely not a problem with Core 2 Duo CPUs. Much more likely that it is video related.

Comment

Thanks for the Info I will try it out.

Comment

Seems to be working nice Tipp. Seems the Shared Memory causes this Problem.
          Last edited by steffenmaier; May-09-2007, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Can you expand on your explanation of the solution to help other users. I know what shared memory is. But which particular application was using shared memory that provoked the problem and how did you turn if off / disable it?

Comment

• Working...
              X