TEC File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TEC File

If Auto-Refresh is turned on and TEC info is captured where is the file located that contains that data - don't see a configuration setting for that.
    Rich

DiskCheckup stores this data in a file in its install directory (default: C:\Program Files\DiskCheckup). The file is named using the hard disk's serial number and has a .bin extension. So if if the hard disks serial number was abc123 the data would be stored in a file named abc123.bin located in the install directory.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback - checked that directory and cannot find the data file. I set the configuration file parameters accordingly - do I have to run the command line option? Made some futile attempts at doing that but was not successful - any suggestions??
      Rich

Comment

Are you running Vista? This might be why the file could not be written.

The current version can work with Vista. You might get Vista warning about the software not installing correctly. But it is safe to ignore this message. You also need to run the application as the elevated admin user for it to work. To do this, right click on the DiskCheckup icon and select "Run as administrator".

Comment

No, I'm running XP Pro and I have even tried running the program as Administrator - still no data file.
          Rich

Comment

Do you have the TEC option turned on in the DiskCheckup configuration window?

Comment

Yes both check boxes at the bottom of the Config screen are checked. However just to repeat I am not starting the application via the command line as you suggest in the help - I am running it via the executable in the Program Files directory. Does that make a difference or it should not matter
              Rich

Comment

Working...
              X