sapphire ati x1950 pro OR sapphire ati hd 2900 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sapphire ati x1950 pro OR sapphire ati hd 2900 pro

Happy new year to all of you living on this earth....!!!

so Mr.administrator i have a problem.curently i am having ati x1950 pro graphic card with me and its working fine.but as you know that its only DX 9.0 and the new Ati prodect HD 2900 pro is DX 10.So you know more then me then tell me that which one is the good and fast between these two..x1950 pro or hd 2900 pro??????????both are 256 bit and DDR3 so then what is the difference?i must tell you that i am using vista and its DX 10. X1950 pro cost 140 euros and hd 2900 cost 126 euros here in germany.i dont understand that why the new model is cheaper then the old one.Anyhow nowdays everything is amazing in germany

You posted your message twice. Please don't do this as it just means more work for me, deleting your duplicate posts.

The x1950 pro was the high end of the last generation of cards. The HD 2900 is the low / mid range card of the new generation.

The x1950 pro probably performs better, most of the time. But is missing some DirectX 10 features. But pretty much none of the current games are exploiting DirectX 10 at the moment (because they need to be backwards compatible with XP and DX9).

So, not an easy choice. If you are buying for today, get the x1950 pro. If you plan on using the same card in 24 months from now, get the HD 2900.

Other people may have different opinions on the subject.

Comment

how can you say that x1950 pro performs better the hd 2900?and how you say that hd 2900 are low mid range cards.in specifications of hd 2900 i see its shders 4.0 etc.the specifications of hd 2900 are higher then x1950 pro so what is the main difference?

Comment

Yes, I was looking at the HD 2400 card yesterday and was mixing them up. The 2900 is a fairly good card. The 2400 isn't, but is DX10.

Several manufactuers seem to be focusing on the HD2600, HD3870 and HD3850, rather than the mid range HD2900. Not sure why this is.

Comment

ya i looked at the baselines from different systems.i came to know that hd 2900 pro has 600 to 800 3d score whereas x1950 pro has 1000 to 1100 3d score.Now can you make me understand that why old card has more score then the new card???ATI say that hd 2900 is for extreme gaming.may their is a bug in your performance test software????what do you say

Comment

Different card perform differently under different work loads. Some of the HD2xxx baselines might also have been done with older drivers which had worse performance.

Every manufacturer calls their hardware extreme. Intel even included it in their product name, "Intel Extreme Graphics". Which was ironic, as the performance of Intel Extreme Graphics was awful.

Comment

Working...
            X