Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network CArd giving "Timeout errors waiting for packet"

Hi,
    I have 2 Laptops loaded with Windows Vista Ultimate. When running both Burn in Test 5.2 and 5.3 and pinging a Server on our Network the time lag between the internal Loopback test and the Ping Test ends in giving an error "Timeout Errors waiting for Packet".

I have another drive loaded with Windows XP Tablet Edition and if I put that in the Laptop and run the same test it runs okay.

Could it be a problem with the Vista Drivers for the Network Card or could it be the Burn in Test?

If you are using "Test all available NICs" on Vista the Windows firewall must be disabled to use the "Test all available NICs" options. Please only disable Windows Firewall if you understand the security implications of doing so.

If you are using "Test all available NICs" on Vista with the internal loopback address 127.0.0.1 then you could get this error. Use a different IP address, or don't use "Test all available NICs".

If this does not help, you could try increasing the timeout from 2000ms to say 5000ms to see if this makes a difference.

Ian

Comment

Working...
    X