need some help on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help on PC

Okay, Im relatively new to upgrading PC but Ive been using them since school. But my new computer im not that satisfied with its performace. I kind of consider this PC slow. Can anybody tell me what i need to upgrade or is it possible before i bring it to the computer store. Here are some information about the computer:
    -processor is a genuine Intel CPU T2080 @1.73 Ghz
    -memory is 2038 MB (which i belive is a bit low) please help me what to do
    _system type is 32 bit operating system

Anybody please help me on what to do or if this setup is good could it be my interent. Thanks please help me out once again.

I assume this is a laptop?

See these two posts for help
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC
    How do I push my PC to the bleeding edge?

But if this is a laptop PC your upgrade options will be limited compared to a desktop PC. And laptops are always significantly slower than equally priced desktops.

Comment

its actully and desktop PC but built for when space is a little tight its a Sony viao something like this in this site but then with those specs the one i mentioned above ........thanks please help me out i want this thing to go faster not wait for like a little less than a minute to load a page heres how the PC look at this site http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...tegoryId=16155
      Last edited by jus-bored; Dec-09-2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Nice looking machine. I suspect they built it from laptop parts however. There is no magic solution or piece of software that will make it go faster. You need to work through the points in the links above, and this might involve learning some of the technical details of how a PC works.

Comment

seriously........naw im not actually going to do the uprgrades myself im going to bring this to the computer store but i want to know what kind of upgrades cna i do to it so it can go faster... upgrades like memory, hard dravie things like that can it be done to this computer

Comment

It doesn't look very upgradeable from the pictures. But have read of the manual, do some research on the Net and then contact Sony to be sure what is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
              It doesn't look very upgradeable from the pictures. But have read of the manual, do some research on the Net and then contact Sony to be sure what is possible.
              really i cant upgrade this awe this is aweful...ill give it a try with calling Sony to see what can i do

Comment

Working...
              X