Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 Sleeper V2.3 built 1004

Greeting!
    Passmark Sleeper V2.3 built 1004 failed to resumed from S3, S4 on Windows 7 built 7000(will resume if press Power button). Does any one know if it's a bug with Windows 7 or Sleeper is not yet tune to work with Windows 7?
    my System config is:
    Dell Inspiron 1526 Laptop
    AMD Turon 2.0Ghz
    2GB memory.
    This system previously worked with Sleeper under Windows Vista
    Any input is appreciated.
    Vansky

We have not tested Sleeper on Windows 7 beta so far. We will before the public release of Windows 7 however. Might be a device driver issue.

Comment

Thanks,

Comment

Win7 and Sleeper OK

Update: I did some brief testing today and could not find any problem with the current Sleeper release and the current public Windows 7 beta build (7000). I tested all the supported states, S1, S3 and S4. So it might be that we don’t need to release a new version of the software for Windows 7.

System specs were,

Motherboard: AMD RD890 Pufferfish sample
        CPU Type: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 910 Processor
        CPU Speed: 2600.8 MHz
        Cache size: 512KB
        Total RAM: 2046.5 MB.
        Video settings: 1680x1050x32
        Video driver:
        DESCRIPTION: RDPDD Chained DD
        MANUFACTURER: N/A
        Drive Letter: C
        Total Disk Space: 119.8 GBytes
        Cluster Size: 4.0 KBytes
        File system: NTFS

We are planning on doing deeper testing over the next month or so on all of our software.

Comment

Now what?

I'm running Windows 7 (7000) and having problems. I have an Intel DG45ID MB, which supports S3. Passmark recognizes S3 support. But the test does not wake from S3. It's not set to sleep forever, and nothing happened after 30 seconds (or much longer with that setting) with numerous tests. But I did have one test where it came out of s3 almost immediately. The ones after that did not.

Since the task scheduler is not getting the PC to wake from S3, I doubt it's a problem with Sleeper itself. Shutdown has caused the machine to restart almost instantly on at least one occasion.

Sorry for all the following questions, but I know what's up if the tests pass, but not if they fail. If there's a FAQ somewhere, please let me know.

Otherwise, what I'd like to know is whether these symptoms would suggest a potential problem with Windows 7, my configuration, or my hardware. Are there other things I should be doing to figure things out? Would it make sense to try sleeper on the same hardware after loading a different OS? Are there configuration settings elsewhere that might be relevant, or is it supposed to be sufficient to know that sleeper identifies s3 as supported? Does a wakeup after a supposed soft shutdown point to anything related to previous s3 attempts?

It's somewhat encouraging to me that another user is having this problem and had success with a different OS, and hopefully that's a good indication that it's not my hardware itself. Windows is using its own drivers for video and won't accept Intel's, but I would have expected MS to test enough with Intel hardware that I would not see driver problems, or would see many more similar reports. That leaves a lot more room for "I screwed up" so I'm hoping there's a simple set of steps to at least diagnose things.

Comment

Found it

It turned out to be related to the USB keyboard and/or mouse. Setting them in the device manager so that they cannot wake Windows got things going.

It seems as if Sleeper itself works just fine under Windows 7.

Comment

For other people, another thing to check is the sleep duration. Don't use very short durations. The machine might be be fully alseep when the wake up signal arrives, and so the wake up signal can be ignored. So if it the machine is not waking up, try a longer sleeper period (at least 1 min).

Comment

Windows 7 does not wake up from S3/S4

I tried both Win7-32 and 64 bit systems, but sleeper tool does not wake up the system from S3 or S4 states.
                I tried on both Dell Latitude E6400 and HP 6730b systems. Please help! The sleeper tool is V2.3 build 1004

Comment

Sleep and hibernation have always been a problem, right back to before Windows XP. It is rare piece of hardwrae where they work without some type of problem.

We have done enough testing to be fairly sure there is no fundmental problem with Sleeper and Windows 7. So you need to look at the hardware, device drivers and BIOS for solutions.

Comment

Please ensure the wake timer is enabled.

Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan settings->Change advanced power options->Sleep->Allow wake timers->On battery/ Pluged in, they are disabled by default.

And Sytem will fail to resume automatically when running sleeper.
                    After the 2 options are enabled, sleeper will work fine, the system will resume automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by boomcha View Post
                      Please ensure the wake timer is enabled.

Control Panel->Power Options->Change Plan settings->Change advanced power options->Sleep->Allow wake timers->On battery/ Pluged in, they are disabled by default.

And Sytem will fail to resume automatically when running sleeper.
                      After the 2 options are enabled, sleeper will work fine, the system will resume automatically.
                      hi, how to enable those setting in Windows XP sp3? since am having problem with passmark sleeper resume automatically after few cycles. required me to press the power button to resume. and there is a warning indicated that, sleep time too long. any other thoughts? pleas advices.

Comment

Working...
                      X