Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Rebooter.exe after Sysprep

Hi,

I'm new here and I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what it could be.

First, let me go over what we're trying to do, and where we are getting hung up.

1. Systems come w/ blank harddrives, so first boot is PXE boot over ethernet.
    2. This loads into a BartPE environment
    3. It is scripted to check if the HDD is partitioned.
    a. If it isn't, it partitions the drive (just 1 partition), and starts up BIT Pro to burn in the system for a few hours. It has to be partitioned to do the HDD test, obviously. After the test passes, it loads up Norton Ghost to image.
    b. If it's already partitioned, it's assumed BIT already happened, so it just loads Norton Ghost.
    4. After imaging, we reboot and it boots off the HDD into the first-boot sysprepped Windows XP. There is a mini-setup to walk through.
    5. At this point, the system is up and going, and I set up a "run once" command through Sysprep to run "C:\rebooter.exe -reboot". This should reboot the system 40 times.

Step 5 is where I'm getting hung up. Instead of rebooting 40 times, it only reboots once.

I created the config file at C:\Docs and Settings\User\My Documents\Passmark\RebooterConfig.ini, and have it set to Auto-login and Auto load rebooter at startup. The file exists after the image is restored and all. If, after that 1 reboot, I just load rebooter.exe in interactive mode, I can just hit "start cycle" and it does the cycle as expected.

If, on the other hand, I use the run box and type "C:\rebooter-exe -reboot", it only reboots once.

How can I script it to automatically reboot cycle using my settings?

I assume that rebooter is not loading the configuration file(?).

Not sure why this is. I would try putting the config file in the Rebooter.exe directory and specifying the -p command line option.

Regards,
    Ian

Comment

So assuming I use the -p option, the correct behavior is to follow the reboot cycle in the config, right?

I.e., does -reboot flag mean use the config file settings just for one cycle, or is it the same thing as clicking "Start Cycle" in the interactive mode?

Comment

It should. In saying this, I investigated further and it looks like this might be a software bug. We will look into this further and I will re-post our findings.

Regards,
        Ian

Comment

We have made a correction to Rebooter.

The new build, V1.3.1003, can be downloaded (by itself) here:
          http://www.passmark.com/products/rebooter.htm

Or it is also included in a new build of BurnInTest, V6.0.1010, that can be downloaded here:
          http://passmark.com/download/bit_download.htm

Regards,
          Ian

Comment

Working...
          X