Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is my hard disk score mush lower than in the chart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my hard disk score mush lower than in the chart?

Ok, so I bought a Seagate 7200.12 500gb drive because it was listed as one of the top drives with a score of 770. I get my drive and put it into my computer and it gets a score ranging from 200 to 300. I am VERY dissappointed in this and can't figure out why it is happening. My system consists of a gigabyte motherboard with the AMD 780 chipset, AMD Athlon X2 7750 processor and really all that I have installed on the system is vista with no other real programs, I have AHCI enabled in the bios and I can't figure out what it could be that is causing such a large differance in scores!

What's the model number of your drive?

Comment

Seagate ST3500418AS which is the top one on the common drives chart. I recently changed the mode in the BIOS from ACHI SATA to Native IDE and that brought my score UP from mid 250s to around 485. Obviously thats a bit more respectable but even so I feel like it should be better since its got a high rating for veryone else. My motherboard has the AMD 780G chipset I wonder if there is some type of problem with it

Comment

Check you have the correct motherboard device drivers. Not having the right drivers means the drive will only use older slower data transfer options.

Comment

where would i check for that? With AMD or with Gigabyte?

Comment

If you have a Gigbyte motherboard, then they should supply the device drivers for the motherboard.

Comment

Working...
            X