Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New system to be built.. need a LOT of suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New system to be built.. need a LOT of suggestions.

Hello, I need help figuring out what exactly I need to get.. this is what I was thinking of getting. I need more feedback, could use as much as I can get...
    • CPU-AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz
    • PSU-CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX If i need something with more wattage(which I dont think its the case.. let me know)
    • RAM- is something that I need to know about.
    • MB- between the Gigabyte 790X and the Asus 790X both supporting the cpu, yet the Asus supports DDR3 in the case of the Gigabyte not doing so.
    • GPU- HD4870 HD4890 still checking it out, all depending on the board that i choose and the memory type that I will be using.

I know I7s are a lot more expensive and run a lot better but just not in my price range, I want something that will run good, and at the same time be under 1000 bucks. the case im thinking of getting the RaidMax, Smilodom. I am living in Panama City, Panama, temperatures get pretty high, I was thinking of getting a Zalman 9900 unless I need anything else, temperatures here get around the 90s.. or a regular hot day... sooo yeah... its hot lol... all recommendations are good... whatever feedback you got please let me know. thanks!

Don't forget a good screen and HDD as also important. If you can afford it get a small SSD and large traditional drive. The Core i5 will be better than the Phenom II for heat.

Comment

I am getting a 2232BW Samsung LCD monitor, would have prefered a higher resolution screen, but that one will do 1650x1050 (its free) Its an older monitor but its fine. as far as it goes with the processor, i would rather prefer having an AMD... I know Intel is better in that matter, but if I put a nice cooler on it, im sure itl do just fine, plus, the case im thinking of getting, may be upgraded into an Antec 900 TWO if things go as planned.
      Other thing im taking into account is that I have nothing.. no parts at all. this is a complete new system from the bottom up. I am looking into the 5850 witch is reallytaking my attention right now... yes I think you may be notecing im trying to build a Dragon platform xD . If I stay in that boundary, no intel, no nvidia, its really what im looking for.

Comment

Any specific reason why you want to stick with AMD?

And what are you going to be using the computer for?

Comment

I have alredy fixed the heat issue, I just ordered what i was most confortable with, and stayed within the price range, of 900 dollars (mail in rebate will get me back into the 800 range, got all the parts from newegg. I got an A/C added into my room, and I have alredy gotten a case ready for all the parts. Gaming mostly... I just play WoW, and planning to push crysis in to actually play it with no problems, previous systems gave me some issues so yeah. and im looking forward the new Modern Warfare. im pretty sure i can push out some fps wi this set up. I just wanted to have it all working togueter within the AMD boundary... got other sugestions from some buddys here in Panama, its all set.

AM3 Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Deneb
          XFX HD5850
          4GB 2x2GB GSKILL Ripjaw 1333 DDR3 memory.
          Corsair HX650W modular power supply
          ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX

Comment

Should be a pretty good setup for you, your PSU may be a little on the low end for wattage though, I'd keep on eye on it, but as long as you don't have too much else in the system like more expansion cards, fans, multiple hard drives and dvd drives you might be ok with it.

Comment

I ran thru a PSu calculator and according to it im with a spare almost 200Watts, I am not planning on overclocking anytyhing, and im adding 2 more 120mm fans to the front of the case, so thats preety much it. thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X