Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiskCheckup: "There was an error [...]"

Hi,

I'm running into an issue with DiskCheckup. I have three disks, one is IDE and the other two are SATA. I seem to access the IDE disk's SMART data fine, but the two SATA disks have a red circle and toss an error message up when I try to view their details ("There was an error retreiving the device information for the selected drive"). I'm not running in any RAID configuration. I'm currently on Windows 7 64-bit. Screenshots are below. Thanks in advance.

Also, according to my BIOS all three disks support SMART and all three have SMART set to "enabled".

Comment

Are the SATA ports on the motherboard or on a PCI card?
      What is the motehrboard model (are these SATA ports on the RAID controller, even if you are not using RAID at the moment).

Comment

They are on the motherboard.

And good question -- there are six SATA ports on the board and some of them support RAID. I'll make sure I'm not on the RAID ports if possible here.

The motherboard is an nForce 680i SLI SPP chipset from MSI.

Comment

I've verified I'm not connected to the RAID SATA ports on the motherboard. I've also tried a slightly different BIOS configuration, still with RAID disabled. No luck.

I noticed something else though. I tried downloading the Western Digital DLG tool, and it too is saying it can only access the SMART data on the IDE disk but not the two SATA disks.

So at this point I think it's a hardware compatibility or configuration issue, not an issue with DiskCheckup. Any further suggestions at this point are still welcome though.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X