temp monitor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp monitor issue

I thought this was odd but for some reason 2 of my core read 40 41 and if i put a load on it they dont move but the first 2 do.wondering if somthing might be wrong or if its just real temp.

ruining a q9550,
    xfx nforce 750i sli mobo
    vista 64bit

heres a pic

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss61/Customizeyoursleep/desktop.jpg

Realtemp is not our software. We can't really comment on if it is broken or not.

Comment

oh sorry, wow i should have figured that.btw do you guys have a cpu monitor?

Comment

There is some temperature monitoring buit into BurnInTest that supports most of the newer CPUs. But it is not a standalone dedicted temperature monitoring utility.

Comment

Is the built in monitor for safety?btw i went to tech powerup forum and they said it might be a stck scensor. i ran the burn test again with real tepm running and the temps moved but only when it reaches over 40,41 so i think it is just stuck scensors. I have a off topic question i tried searching for it but didnt find anything.i got 2 gigs of 800mhz ddr2 and going to add 2 more sticks, so i am wondering would the system run faster on 4 gig or 6gigs?

Comment

Is the built in monitor for safety
            Not really, we don't make any attempt to tell the user what is "safe". It is just part of the system information displayed by BurnInTest.

4GB of RAM will only make your system faster if you are already fully using 2GB. So it really depends on what software you are using on the PC and how much of that software you run at the same time. But given the low price of RAM you don't need much justification to put in an additional 2GB.

Comment

Sorry i forgot to add that this pc is for mid level 3d and 2d design/developing. Im running vista 64 + 2 foxfire clients with 2 tabs each and using 922mbs of ram.I have done 3d for a year on a hp pavilion with a amd 5600+ and 3gigs of 667mhz ddr2 but it starts really getting slow at 74% Ram, that leaves me wondering if im maxing its speed and the amount of memory is not the problem. if the speed is the problem then i think i will stick to 4 gigs.
              Any helpful info or even a educated opinion on this matter would be great.

Comment

If you are using the machine to produce an income, then I think it is a no brainer. Put in the extra RAM. Even if it only helps 10% of the time it will be worth it.

Comment

no not getting paid yet lol its just more of a hobby that i hope in a few year will become my career and lifestyle. Upgrade it is, and Thank you for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X