Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus K61 Advice

hey guys,

i've been looking for a laptop with a fairly decent dedicated graphics card for some time now within an a affordable price range to play some games released within the year or two enjoyably.

i just wanted to know what some of you guys thought on these specs, it has a geforce 102 M (512mb)

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10132131&catid=2691 7&CMP=ILC-FS_Flyer_Tracking&langid=EN

will i be able run above 4GB ram? will there be much of a performance increase?

The Pentium Dual Core T4300 and Geforce GT 102M are far from the highest performing componets on the market, but laptops (especially cheaper ones) never perform well. Adding more than 4GB of RAM will not help gaming performance.

It is not the machine I would buy to play games. But on the other hand I would never buy any laptop to play games. Dekstops are better value performance vs price.

Comment

thanks for the quick response!

you're right though, i figured i wouldnt be getting anywhere near the highest performing components at that price range. but i think its suitable for casual and enjoyable gaming?

i have another question about CPU's.

im aware that the K61 i posted has a T4300 and its not a core 2 duo which means it only has half the cache. If i was to put it up against lets say a T5450 a core 2 duo. how do you determine which ones faster because the T4300 has a faster FSB.

Comment

In our benchmarks the T4300 is faster.

Comment

Working...
        X