Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 UAC prompts with DiskCheckup

Specifically DiskCheckup.
    Is it possible to run this program and not get a UAC prompt?
    I've tried Microsoft's Application Compatibility Toolkit, and installing the program in a non-ProgramFile directory - still get the UAC "Do you want the following program to make changes to your computer?".
    Can your program be "whitelisted"? All the tricks (run as administrator, install in a non-standard place) seem to only apply to Vista.
    Running Windows 7 32bit Pro on a Dell laptop.

If you want DiskCheckup to load on startup you can use Task Scheduler to start DiskCheckup. Be sure to check the option to "run with the highest privileges" on the general tab. Also add the augment "-m" with out the quotes to the actions tab. I use this method and it works great. As far as launching DiskCheckup manually without the UAC prompt without disabling UAC I think your out of luck.

Bill
    Main Box*AMD Ryzen 7 5800X*ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING*G.SKILL 32GB 2X16 D4 3600 TRZ RGB*Geforce GTX 1070Ti*Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB*Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB*Asus DRW-24B3LT*LG HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40*Windows 10 Pro 21H2

Comment

There isn't white list for programs to avoid UAC.

Technically speaking there is a white list of sorts but only Microsoft can use it as only applications written and signed by Microsoft can be on the list.

But as pointed out above you might be able to use the task scheduler.

Comment

Working...
      X