Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you display Graph in DiskCheckup

I am running DiskCheckup 3.0 and this is dumb but I have 3 questions:

1) In the help it shows a graph (Threshold Exceed Condition Prediction) but I can't find how to display this in the app.

2) The Configuration menu allows data to be stored for TEC computation and for emails etc to be sent. Do I need to do anything so the app always runs in the background even after I restart the computer? What is the process that will show up in Task Manager?

3) I have a lot of SMART history from playing around with these problems and would like to start the graph from zero. How do I clear the history

Thanks...

1) In the help it shows a graph (Threshold Exceed Condition Prediction) but I can't find how to display this in the app.
    There isn't actually a graph feature in DiskCheckup; it is meant to explain the prediction algorithm for TEC

2) The Configuration menu allows data to be stored for TEC computation and for emails etc to be sent. Do I need to do anything so the app always runs in the background even after I restart the computer? What is the process that will show up in Task Manager?
    You can use Task Scheduler to run DiskCheckup (with the "-m" flag to start minimized) at startup. See the following post for reference:

http://www.passmark.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2700

3) I have a lot of SMART history from playing around with these problems and would like to start the graph from zero. How do I clear the history
    Currently, there's no way to clear SMART history in DiskCheckup. One workaround is to delete the <serial_number>.bin files in your DiskCheckup installation directory. This will effectively delete your SMART history.

Comment

Staying Minimized

Thanks
      The link was very helpful.
      I noted that if after viewing the UI you must "Icon" not X out or Exit to stay minimized. Observing the process in the Task manager helps...

Thanks again
      BobMax

Comment

Working...
      X