Help me i am noob, WD external drive problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMART data looks OK.

For the files that don't "play" can you copy them to a different drive (e.g. a flash drive) and have them play OK? This would be a good check for file corruption, and determine if the problem is random or isolated to particular files.

Also, the drive shows up as a local drive and is inaccessible when it does show up as this. ...I have also noticed that the drive is not as load as it once was.
    Don't really understand this. What does it appear as when it isn't a local drive?

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      Don't really understand this. What does it appear as when it isn't a local drive?
      I named the drive The Void and it will display the Void when things are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post

For the files that don't "play" can you copy them to a different drive (e.g. a flash drive) and have them play OK? This would be a good check for file corruption, and determine if the problem is random or isolated to particular files.
        See that's the thing. Sometimes the files that wont play this tie play the next time and some files that played the last time wont play this time.

Comment

Originally posted by lordtalon View Post
          I have also noticed that the drive is not as LOUD as it once was.
          sorry misspell loud.

Comment

Does anyone have the security sectors for this drive

Comment

If the drive just disappears have you checked the USB cable, maybe it is intermittent.

Comment

Working...
              X