Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E6700 cpu twice in the list, different score?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E6700 cpu twice in the list, different score?

Can someone explain this difference?

-Pentium Dual-Core E6700 @ 3.20GHz 2169
    -Intel Pentium E6700 @ 3.20GHz 1535

Some stores sell the cpu as Pentium e6700, others as Pentum Dual-Core e6700 but in these stores the specs are all the same (2 MB cache). Then again, intel calls it a pentium (!) : http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42809

What cpu has the 1535 score???

This due to Intel's mixed up naming.

In fact Intel released 3 different CPUs with the E6700 name. These are the names from inside the CPU (not necessarily the marketing names).
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU E6700 @ 2.66GHz
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz

The first 2 are rare. The 3rd CPU is common.

The "Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU E6700" had a small number of results (~5) and a couple of those were very bad. Probalby from mis-configured machines. So I have deleted them. The results of the last 2 CPUs should now be close when the charts update tomorrow. I tend to agree, they are mostly likely the same CPU, despite Intel fiddling the internal name.

Comment

Originally posted by passmark View Post
      This due to Intel's mixed up naming.

In fact Intel released 3 different CPUs with the E6700 name. These are the names from inside the CPU (not necessarily the marketing names).
      Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU E6700 @ 2.66GHz
      Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz
      Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz

The first 2 are rare. The 3rd CPU is common.

The "Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU E6700" had a small number of results (~5) and a couple of those were very bad. Probalby from mis-configured machines. So I have deleted them. The results of the last 2 CPUs should now be close when the charts update tomorrow. I tend to agree, they are mostly likely the same CPU, despite Intel fiddling the internal name.
      Thanks for the support and explanation. I can now conclude that the e6700 (2010 model) is faster then the e6750 (2007) that recently died in my pc.

Comment

Working...
      X