Test crashes when scanning my HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test crashes when scanning my HDD

I just purchased my Passmark software & tried running the initial test. Everything runs fine until I get to my HDD. It says I don't have enough space on disk 6. I have a 1TB WD SATA 6 Gb/s. It's partitioned into 5 Different drives. The first is C:/ (of course) the next is F:/ then G:/ H:/ & I:/. I just went back to Partition Magic & noticed I have a space that's marked with an asterisk it's highlighted in blue and its labeled "Extended". It's 828 gigs (which I assume is the size of the 1TB drive after it was formatted) & it has no unused space. Its also marked as Primary. Could this be the cause of the benchmark test crashing when scanning my HDD? And if so, how can I delete it or work around it? Thanks in advance...

Yes, if there was an error about not enough disk space, then you have surely run out of disk space. You need some free disk space to run the disk write speed test.

Either delete some files to free up some space, or pick another drive to run the test on from the Edit / Preferences window.

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a screenshot which might help to better describe the problem. The line between C:/ & F:/ is marked with an asterisk and it has no fee space available. When I right click on it the only option I have is the "properties". It doesn't give me the option to delete it or add more free space to it. So the benchmark test is getting hung up on this "extended" partition of my hard drive. Just curious if anybody has ran into anything like this in the past. And maybe a way to fix it...

Comment

The details on the screen shot are too small to read. So isn't really useful.

PerformanceTest will only test the drive you select from the Preferences window. So you should be able to pick a drive that has free space.

Update Jan 2012: Another user reported this problem and provided some additional details about the error, "there is not enough free disk space on drive 6". Which I think is the same as the case above.

I believe the problem provoking the error is corruption of the executable file. Corruption might be the result of malware on your PC infecting executable files, low level disk corruption, downloading a hacked up copy of our software, some 3rd party "security" software on your PC modifying our software for unknown reasons.

Downloading and installing a clean copy of the software, from our web site, will I believe, resolve the most likely causes.

Comment

Working...
        X