Laptop Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop Questions

Please excuse my question and lack of knowledge, as I am not up to date with computer performances and features. Each site has an abundance of info, which is hard to decipher for the average person(like me). With the Christmas deals approaching, I am interested in buying a laptop to replace my current HP Pavilion ze4700. I am a first year college student and would be using the new laptop as my everyday device. As with most these days, I would also like to watch videos and movies, but am not interested in games.
    I have come to this site because I don't know if I can trust advice from a sales agent in the store, but truly appreciate the knowledge here. Many laptops are on sale for the holidays, but I am not limiting myself to these only. My budget is $700 for the laptop(is this sufficient?). I am using my Time Warner Cable hard line connection at home, but will obviously be using it wireless while in school.
    ANY USEFUL SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

You requirements don't sound particularly demanding. Even your existing laptop should be able to play back DVD quality video.

You need to decide what is important. e.g.
    Weight
    Battery life
    Processor speed
    Disk speed
    Warranty
    Big screen
    Price
    Full size keyboard, or no keyboard (tablet)
    USB3 support
    Hard disk size

You'll need to trade off these factors. For example the biggest screens aren't going to be on the machines that have the lowest code and lightest weight.

Comment

Working...
    X