Hi everybody. Got a few questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everybody. Got a few questions.

HI. It's my first post, just registered. This site is amazing for people trying to build pc, on any budget level. many thanks to the guys running this website. I'm sure millions of people are gratefull, me included, since i'm on a small budget stuck on a Barton 2500+ OC to 3200+ )) and 7600gs Antique I know. Anyway...

!) Is there any chance that the Ocercloked Cpu chart could be extended ?

It's seems quite small because it doesn't stretch below the 5000 something mark. I mean for people with a very tiny budget i would be great if we could see the most overclock-able cpu in the 2000-5000 range. Like the curent best valule cpus : e3400, G530, G540, Athlon II X 4, etc.

I'm currently trying to chose between a G530 on lga 1155, thinking that in the future i might grab a, then cheap, intel 2500k, or 2600k or something. But i would also be interested in some of these Athlon II X3 that seem to have a hidden core and also seem to overclock a lot. But the overclocked cpu list is too short.

We have extended the chart and now the Overclock chart should list the top 100 submitted overclocked processors. Previously the chart listed the top 50.

This should allow some of the mid range and possibly best value CPUs to show up. However, with the shear amount of CPUs available today, the chart still does not reach the CPUs you mentioned.

As of today, doing a custom query in the database, the E3400 is 152nd with an average 2500 CPUMark with an average OC speed of 3.4 GHz. Athlon II X3 740 is 107th with a average 3557 CPUMark and an average OC speed 3.6 Ghz.

We may explore or look to further expand or revamp the chart at a later date.

Comment

Working...
    X