Ok, this time i fucked up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, this time i fucked up

After overclocking my gpu i launched gta v and after 30 secs of gameplay i got one long beep from my computer

Hi there, i have overclocked my 1050 ti to 1900mhz and am wondering if it is ok to over volt the gpu (gtx gtx 1050 ti has no power cable)
    And if it is reccomended by how much shoulkd i overvolt it by in % ( current 675)
    (that is idle) when gaming i get around 1000 mv - 1100 mv
    Last edited by GTX 1050 Ti; Jan-17-2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

(that is idle) when gaming i get around 1000 mv - 1100 mv

Comment

As I previously mentioned, overclocking will likely exceed the PCIe bus power delivery specifications for the 1050 without the additional power connector.

In case I wasn't clear enough, exceeding the specifications isn't a good thing.
        It's risky.

[NOTE: I've messed up the time order of the posts above while trying to merge two related topics. Sorry about that]

Comment

So, What damage has been caused? and is it only a problem with the power to my gpu? not the core and memory overclock

Comment

Beep might only be a warning, or a software crash.
            Return to normal clock speeds and see if the machine still boots.

Comment

Even when the machijne was beepign there seemed to be no problem, i have removed all overclocking on gpu but for some rewason when i play gta 5 after a minute or so it beeps until i stop playing

Comment

Might be a BIOS over temperature warning?

Comment

what tempreture?

Comment

You would need to check the BIOS settings.

Comment

My friend said it could be the coil on the gpu as it only happens in games that are gpu intensive

Comment

I know it is not the gpu because i have replaced the gpu with a newwer one but the screach is near the gpu, nothing seems to go wrong but i am curious to know what it is as it is really annoying because i cant play gta 5 without this annoying sound constantly in my ear

Comment

Working...
                        X