How to compare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to compare

I have a Dell5110 that just about has to have some kind of possibly major problem and I am trying to find a way to troubleshoot it. There is a whole book of work related to that part. It struggles to do just about anything. I have run the tests and the number I am seeing 445 sounds like it is junk. Some of the graphs don't even show a read mark of performance. For the life of me I can't find how I can see what others have for their numbers on other 5110's or how to research further into what exactly is the problem. Is there a guide or how do I compare this pc? It is the AMD A4-3300M version with 6480G graphics. I think it was upped to 4GB of ram. The CPU tests at 477 and I see the benchmark is supposed to be 1194. Is it fried or what could be causing that? 2D is 122, 3D is 518, Mem is 406, Disk is 510. Thanks.
    Last edited by helpful55; Jan-25-2017, 04:46 AM.

I think this is a Dell Inspiron M5110. The A4-3300M was never a power house, even when it was new 6 years back. But you should be getting a CPUMark of between 1100 to 1300.

See this post to start with,
    Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Also check you are running on mains power and not battery power.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      I think this is a Dell Inspiron M5110. The A4-3300M was never a power house, even when it was new 6 years back. But you should be getting a CPUMark of between 1100 to 1300.

See this post to start with,
      Causes and Solutions for a slow PC

Also check you are running on mains power and not battery power.

I was working on a list explaining how all of those things have been taken care of when I ended up finding the problem. What I found using CPU-Z was that the core speed stayed at about 800K no matter what. In searching this I found it is almost surely what others are experiencing and that is the dell software throttling the CPU to minimum maybe due to a battery charging issue. Some had said that the ac adapters maybe had went bad. I popped my other dell m5030 ac adapter into it and it runs no problem up to the max 1.9M. Even a hd stream will play pretty well. It is no powerhouse but it can handle this.

Now I know barring power issues it will do decent tasks if I need a laptop out of the house, it's not just a useless piece of plastic and metal. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X