PC upgrade Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC upgrade Help

To start, my friend made me my computer 3 years ago. Now it is running slow, and I wanted to improve on some parts, but I do not have much knowledge on the subject, so I wanted to know what you guys think. Here I leave information that I took from the perfomance test: (sorry for my english)

---SUMMARY SYSTEM INOFORMATION-----------------------------------------------------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 build 7601 (64-bit)
    CPU Type: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core
    Number of CPUs: 1
    Cores per CPU: 4
    Hyperthreading: Not capable
    Motherboard: GA-990FXA-UD5
    Memory: 8GB Kingston DDR3 SDRAM
    Videocard: AMD Radeon HD 7770
    Hard Drive: TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 (1TB)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont have a lot of money to do a huge upgrade.

Thank you for your time.

The upgrade that makes the most sense depends on what you use the machines for.
    A new video card might makes sense.
    Or a new SSD boot drive might be the way to go.
    You could add some additional RAM, but most of the time it won't have a big impact.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      The upgrade that makes the most sense depends on what you use the machines for.
      A new video card might makes sense.
      Or a new SSD boot drive might be the way to go.
      You could add some additional RAM, but most of the time it won't have a big impact.
      Thank you, and yes, I use it mostly for games, they told me better to upgrade the video card, so i did some research and i found that the RX 480 could be a good option for the price and performance, also is compatible with the motherboard. What i dont know is, if i need a better cooler or something like that to support the card

EDIT: i found this one: GeForce GTX 1060, its 15 or 20 USD more expensive, have 2gb less video memory, but i think is better, what do u think?
      Last edited by Polaco; Jan-28-2017, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X