Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely Low GPU GTX1070 benchmarks (Not a CPU bottleneck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely Low GPU GTX1070 benchmarks (Not a CPU bottleneck)

I am having extremely low benchmark scores, the average score for a GTX 1070 is roughly 10k, but I am getting scores around 6700 MAX, and even before I cleaned out the old drivers and updated them, and bios of the card, I was only hitting a score of around 4500.

And before anyone says it, it's NOT a CPU bottleneck.
    While the AMD FX-6300 does bottleneck CPU intensive games like Forza 6 Apex, it never was given the chance to possibly bottleneck in the tests because not a single core ever hit 100%. GPU never went above 70% in any of the tests, and regularly was running around 40-50% capacity. What's going on? I've tried turning off all power saving options in both windows, and the NVidia control panels, but they make no difference. What's the issue?

Maybe it is a CPU bottleneck?
    (Just kidding....partially)

The expected score for this combination of CPU and GPU is around 7000 - 8000. If you do some overclocking you might get it to 9000, if you are lucky. No chance of getting to 10,000 as the CPU is in fact a bit of a bottleneck, even if you don't want to believe it.

But yes, you should be able to do a bit better with the hardware you have.

Are you on Win7 or Win10 (as Win10 has DX12). What resolution monitor are you running?
    What version of PerformanceTest are you using?

Comment

Working...
    X