Hi soundchk question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi soundchk question

hi i am on windows 7 ultimate, i don't have sound on my mobo so I tried this software out. The result is pretty amazing, i find that there is no data in to the sound device but there is data out When i check the driver, or what you call it, the input device is called sterero mixer is this correct setting or not? i don't believe modern sound chip is so easy to burn out, my guess

Do you have sound hardware on the motherboard or a separate sound card?

Most problems are just related to device drivers.

Comment

Thanks david, oddly enough, i installed everything from the mobo dvd this is an onboard sound card, i doubt that there was grounding problem. I have screwed in every hole. the model is p8z77-m the speaker is called samsung mussen ms-2000 2.1, hope we come up anything useful Thanks Jack

Comment

Originally posted by luckiejacky View Post
        Thanks david, oddly enough, i installed everything from the mobo dvd this is an onboard sound card, i doubt that there was grounding problem. I have screwed in every hole. the model is p8z77-m the speaker is called samsung mussen ms-2000 2.1, hope we come up anything useful Thanks Jack
        Jack ---> bass ---> right speaker ----> left speaker endpoint The thing happens is that the left speaker is receiving a very weak signal, resulting in a low volume The right speaker and bass don't even respond I divert this speaker to a notebook, it does work. Could anyone tell me what is going on here? Should I RMA? Buy another sound card or another pair of speaker I don't have any spare on hand at the moment Thanks

Comment

Hard to know without playing with the machine.
          Do you have some headphones to test the output with instead of speakers?
          Did you check the obvious stuff, like volume levels in Windows.

Comment

Would there happen to be a driver for this not-so-well-known speaker?

Comment

You don't need device drivers for speakers. Just for the sound card.

I have seen people use the word 'driver' for amplifier or power supply as well. But I assume you are talking about a software device driver.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
                You don't need device drivers for speakers. Just for the sound card. I have seen people use the word 'driver' for amplifier or power supply as well. But I assume you are talking about a software device driver.
                New problem, when I test the front panel headphone jack with a headphone, i get some squeaky sound. looks like some electrical interference. I just can't distinguish between software or hardware problem in my case

Comment

What is the audio source that sounds squeaky? If you are using SoundCheck, then one of it's functions it to output a sine wave. Maybe this is what you are hearing?

Comment

Working...
                  X