Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separating the CPU list

Hey Guys,

I've been a long time user of the cpu/video benchmark list for rough comparisons of components for my customers. I was looking at the list recently and had an idea. Although, I'm sure this idea has been explored before, I thought I'd put it on the table anyway.

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to filter the chart by Workstation (xeon, opteron) or Desktop (Core, Phenom etc). Or it could be taken further, such as Core i7 vs Core i5 (including all generations) or filtering out all the notebook processors.

This sounds like it would be a lot of effort, to go back and give each processor a new value.

-Sean

Thanks for the suggestion.

We are planning on doing a minor overhaul of the charts when PerformanceTest V8 is released later in the year.

You can kind of do most what you want already just by sorting the CPU list by name. Then all the i5s and i7s will be grouped. Admittedly the laptops are mixed with the desktops. (But you can pick these out most of the time, as they are named differently).

Comment

That certainly helps, but the CPU list involves alot of F'ing (CTRL+F'ing ofcourse ) up and down the page.

But I'm glad that there's development going on.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X