Best Value, Processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Value, Processor

I am a broke nursing student and I some advice. I am being forced to purchase a laptop (totall BS) and I need the most bang for my buck. So, I am buying from HP (they have the best prices vs product, of what I have found), but there is large price differences between processors. I need something that is powerful, but not 'luxury' speed. So, what should I go with,Intel i5-2450M Processor or AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M? Also, what difference does the DIMM make in the RAM? Is adding a 32 GB SSD cache worth $50?

What do you need to do with the laptop?
    If you are just doing E-Mail and browsing web pages, either machine will do fine (and would probably be overkill, meaning you could get something cheaper).

DIMM refers to the type of the RAM. Both machines will use DDR3 DIMMs. RAM speeds will be similar in both machines. Only really important thing for RAM in budget machines is how much of it you get (2GB, 4GB, 8GB).

If you are broke, then no the SSD cache isn't worth it, save your $50. You might need to wait 1 or 2 extra seconds for applications to start, but I am guessing this doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
    X