Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon HD 7750 Best for Adobe Premiere Rendering/Encoding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Radeon HD 7750 Best for Adobe Premiere Rendering/Encoding?

Just need a few opinions on this. I need to do some HD editing and rendering on programs like Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro. Do you think a Radeon HD 7750 would make a great replacement for my current (terrible) GeForce 9100? I really want to improve rendering times and video playback by four or five times. Here's my current setup.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
    System Model AY748AA-ABA p6320y
    System Type x64-based PC
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 820 Processor, 2800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5.13, 11/12/2009
    SMBIOS Version 2.5
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 7.75 GB

and the GeForce 9100 mentioned above.

Is there another option that would work under 300 watts and under $200 that I'm missing?

Thanks!

I am not a user of these Adobe products, so not an expert.
    But I don't think you'll get a 5 fold performance improvement with just a video card upgrade.

Also the performance improvement would be dependant on the version of Adobe used. The older releases would have barely used the GPU at all and so will be more CPU dependant.

Comment

Rendering and encoding is my concern, David. I'm using CS5.5, the secondmost recent suite, so (I think) it would utilise GPU. Yes though, a five fold improvement isn't expected, but maybe a four or three fold would come from it?
      How much better is the 7750 from the 9100?

Comment

The Geforce 9100 is indeed rubbish by today's standards.

Our benchmark shows the 7750 is an order of magnitude faster than the 9100, but that also assumes your CPU will be faster as well. I don't know how well our 3D benchmark translates across to the performance of Adobes products. You might find the GPU is only used for a small sub-set of the functionality you are using.

Comment

Working...
        X