Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel E7-4870 PassMark Benchmark Score Availability

Hello,

Is a Passmark benchmark score available for the Intel E7-4870 (Quad-Core; 2.40GHz) processor? Intel announced in April 2011. I have searched the site, but was not able to find it. Would like to compare the standard benchmark score against a couple of alternatives.

Thank you

jml

Must be a very rare CPU as we don't have any results for it at the moment.

Comment

No, it's not very rare. It's currently Intel's most powerful quad socket CPU. There is e.g. two TPC-E benchmarks with it.

Comment

We track CPU popularity here. And have done for many years now.

The most popular Xeon at the moment is the Intel Xeon E5450, at roughly 0.2% of the x86 market.

For us to have collected nearly 700,000 benchmark results and not have a single instance of a 4870 means it is a exceedingly rare CPU.

As the recommended retail price is $4,400 per CPU it is hardly surprising it is super rare. It is probably one of the worst value for money CPUs available.

Also is isn't a quad core as you claim. It is a 10 core / 20 thread CPU.

Comment

Also it's a socket LGA-1567. Newegg doesn't even sell an LGA-1567 server board. I would like to know how it compares to the Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 @ 2.70GHz. Dell is selling servers with the E7-4870 in it. I'm just curious.

Comment

There are now results in the charts for a dual CPU E7-4870.

The dual CPU E5-2697 is faster however.

Comment

Working...
            X