Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial Port "No operations reported in timeout period"

Hi~
    Running the latest version of BIT I am getting a "No operations reported in timeout period" on random COM ports.
    The actual serial port does not seem to be a problem in operation.
    I will ask about the cause of this error.

System specifics:

Intel Core I5 Haswell SOC Processor(I5-4210U)
    8GB memory, 128GB m-SATA SSD
    Windows 7 embedded pro x64

Question:

1. Typically, when testing Serialport,Is RTS / CTS / DTR / DSR set to DISABLE?
    The results are different depending on the RTS / CTS / DTR / DSR Enable / Disable status.

2. Could an error occur depending on the system load status?
    For example, if the load is 70%, it is normal for 24 hours. If it is over 80%, error occurs within 24 hours.

3. I would like to know more about how the burnintest tests serial port testing in detail.

4. How much load should be set when testing common items such as CPU, RAM, Comport, USB, 2D / 3D, Disk?
    Do I have to test all items with 100% load?

Please check and reply
    Thank you

See this FAQ page about load settings to start with.
    And the BurnInTest User's Guide.

The 'no operations' message means the test has crashed or locked up for several minutes (i.e. no data transferred). A device driver crashing can cause this.

Comment

Hi David

The problem is that if reduce the CPU load to less than 50%, the problem does not occur.
      It also seems to be affected by RTS / CTS / DTR / DSR Disable / Enable status.
      Symptoms usually do not occur within a short time, but occur during testing for more than 10 hours.
      The symptoms do not appear right away, so it takes a long time to figure out the cause and it is very difficult....

Comment

If it always fails after approximately the same amount of time (e,.g. 10 hours) then the cause might be a memory leak. Then at around the 10h mark you start with get various failures as device drivers and other software runs out of RAM.

Comment

Working...
        X