Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plugged in not charging ? bios flash without battery fujitsu ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plugged in not charging ? bios flash without battery fujitsu ?

laptop : Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi3540

had it only for a year or less.

battery was fine until two days ago, plugged in, not charging , stuck at 4%.

did a LOT of research online, tried all the methods & combination of removing / reinstalling ,...etc. none worked.

read that if i flash bios then it should work. problem is that i can not flash bios since battery is (perceived by the system) less than 10% .

how to fix this ???

would system restore / restore to factory settings resolve this ?

please help . i'm quite sure the battery it self is fine and this is rather a software thingy.......

can't be the power adapter, when I ran the diagnostics it is clear for the adapter, and the system is working fine if the adapter alone is plugged in, tried different wall outlets, no difference.
    - the messages i get:
    If only adapter plugged in : "The AC adapter and battery MUST be plugged in before the system bios can be flashed"

If adapter and batteria Fujitsu Pi3540 plugged in : "Make sure the battery is more than 10% charged to flash bios"

www.batterietutti.com/fujitsu-siemens-amilo-pi3540.html
    ..............please help !

If the battery was OK, but is now failing to charge, then I would assume the battery is bad.

I am not sure why you would assume that the BIOS (which will not have changed from when the battery was working) is the cause of the battery problem.

Comment

Working...
    X