Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is there such a high G3D mark variation between samples of the same model ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is there such a high G3D mark variation between samples of the same model ?

I noticed while searching for a new graphics card that the mark of the baselines vary considerably, i understand that a certain degree of variation is normal because every system is different and is clocked differently but looking at some of the baselines for the same model i noticed huge variations sometimes even close to double between lowest and highest. For example my old graphics card a 9600 GSO 384M scored 830 in 3D graphics mark and in the last 5 baselines there are 2 with 430 and 3 with over 600. Why the huge difference ? Also is there a way to see all the scores for the samples of a particular model not just the last 5 ?

You can search and view all the results from within the PerformanceTest software from the advanced search function.

There are 53 9600 GSO results at the moment.

There are many factors that can effect the 3D results. The CPU type, the PCI-E slot used, the device driver version, device driver settings, RAM speeds (especially for cards using shared RAM), how much other bloatware is installed on the machine, etc.. See also this list,
    http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/graph_notes.html

Shows the difference between a poorly setup machine and a good one.

Comment

Working...
    X