Getting Sleeper to work on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Sleeper to work on Windows 10

Hello, I have this awful problem where Microsoft prevents automatic sleep so I tried WinOFF but cannot put PC to sleep after detecting no user activity (keyboard/mouse). The count-down just doesn't work.
    Next I try Passmark Sleeper. Not sure if there are limitations on the free version but will purchase full version.
    Sleeper cannot detect user activity but can be put into sleep mode. However PC wakes up after 71 seconds.
    After quitting and running in Vista capability mode it now stays asleep OK.
    I have now made a batch file which is sleeper.exe -R 85 and that triggers it nicely.
    Does this make sense? All I need now is a count-down timer which detects no user activity for five minutes and triggers the batch file.

However PC wakes up after 71 seconds.
    Check the Windows Event log for the wake cause. Then fix that up.

Comment

There was no wake cause before when it was waking up after 71 seconds so I think running it in Vista compatibility mode must have fixed that.
      It now runs good and stays asleep and only wakes up when I move the mouse or tap keyboard.

Some times I can get the WinOFF to count down but it is nasty so will have to erase it. Very happy with Sleeper now.

Comment

The best solution I found was TimeComX which includes a count down timer so had to ditch Sleeper. However after all this messing around Microsoft seems to be suddenly doing it's work again and putting the computer into sleep mode. Never had all this trouble before Windows 10.

I will maintain TimeComX as a backup and set it at 40 minutes and microsoft sleep at 10 minutes.

Comment

Sleeper was really designed as a testing tool for hardware manufacturers and technicians to quickly do many sleep/wake cycles in an automated fashion. It wasn't really designed to be a consumer utility application.

Comment

Thanks for your help and comments David. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by bravotango
              The best solution I found was TimeComX which includes a count down timer so had to ditch Sleeper. However after all this messing around Microsoft seems to be suddenly doing it's work again to
              write my paper for me and putting the computer into sleep mode. Never had all this trouble before Windows 10.
              I will maintain TimeComX as a backup and set it at 40 minutes and microsoft sleep at 10 minutes.
              Hello,

I faced a similar issue: I always used a script in Run.exe: "at 20:30 shutdown -s" to shutdown my PC at particular time in Windows 7, however, it is not working in Windows 10. I've been looking for the variants and foundWise Auto shutdown and TimeComX Basic, but I'm not sure which one to use now.

Comment

Working...
              X