Passmark Rankings, Totally Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passmark Rankings, Totally Fake?

I was having the usual AMD vs Nvidia argument with my friend yesterday and he pulled up the chart found at the bottom of this thread. He bragged about how even the 980m was better then high end AMD graphics cards like the Fury X. I looked through the chart and the first thing that came into my mind was "bs." The r9 295x2 was competing with the Titan X but in this chart, it is ranked lower then the 970. What about the 390? That too is below the 970 even though it beats it. Not to mention they group the 290 and 390 in the same spot. They did the same with the 290x and 390x.

Where do these results come from? Why is it like this? How biased is the list?

Not exactly sure which of the charts you are referring to, but regarding the results we don't (or at least very rarely) benchmark graphic cards ourselves for the videcoard charts. Nearly all data in the charts comes from user submissions from our PerformanceTest software. The results are an average of all submissions. More information on the graphs can be found in the graph notes.

Regarding videocards being combined, e.g. 290x and 390x, is because some of the cards are rebadged version of earlier cards but they may of improve the cooling or paired it with faster memory. The underlying arch is pretty much the same and when querying the id off the card returns the same identifier.

Comment

Working...
    X