DirectX 12 Test failing in machine with RTX 2060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX 12 Test failing in machine with RTX 2060

I'm using passmark to benchmark a new laptop with latest specs. I've updated to latest drivers using Geforce Experience. When, I run the 3D benchmark the DirectX 12 Test fails, after about 3 secs (everything else works). I can see a scene with space ships shown, and it stops in the middle. Surely, the card supports the latest graphics stuff. Any idea what's going on? I'm yet to install a few games, as I run passmark to check for obvious issues, but I'm going to do that now and check.

Click image for larger version  Name:	passmark-error.PNG Views:	25 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	45089

Error text: Unable to run the DirectX 12 test, your card may not support this version of DirectX, or the executable is being prevented from launching by an external program.

Do you have any anti-virus applications running?
    Do you have any screen capture or GUI overlay enabled?

If so, try disabling them for the duration of the test to see the DX12 test can run. If not, run PerformanceTest in debug mode and send in the logs and we can take a look to see if there is any further information on failure.

Comment

I got the same problem too with my laptop MSI GL73 with RTX2060 .. I think its is the overlay option in Geforce Experience cause the problem. I disable it and restart and its fine now..or if wanna make sure just exit the nvidia control and geforce experience don't let it run in background when using the Performance test .. Good luck everyone. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for this,

It would be totally unsurprising that it was the overlay causing the problem.
        The overlays in "Afterburner" and "Riva Tuner Statistics Server" (RTSS) also cause a lot of problems. (and not just for our software).

Comment

I have solved the problem by going to the task manager and end task all the nahimic processes. And the Performance test went smoothly now .. I Don't know who to report this bug too ... Good luck and enjoy your RTX2060

Comment

We haven't heard about any problem with nahimic (the 3D sound app) before. But it seems to hook into 3D games, so it isn't totally surprising that is causes a problem.

If nahimic is messing up other software, then you should report it to Nahimic (the company).

Comment

Originally Posted by mccloud35
              I'm using passmark to benchmark a new laptop with latest specs. I've updated to latest drivers using Geforce Experience. When, I run the 3D benchmark the DirectX 12 Test fails, after 3 secs (everything else works). I can see a scene with space ships, and it stops in the middle. Surely, I
              buy essay cheap as the card supports the latest graphics stuff. Any idea what's going on? I'm yet to install a few games, as I run passmark to check for obvious issues, but I'm going to do that now and check.

Hello,

I had a similar issue. Everything started working normally after I updated Windows 10. I also got this error message, when trying to run any game in DirectX 12: "DXGI Error Device Removed". Got the new mem and voila - everything's fine now.
              Last edited by davidglines; Aug-07-2019, 09:58 AM. Reason: error message

Comment

Working...
              X