Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which utility software to use, Burn-in or Performance Test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which utility software to use, Burn-in or Performance Test?

Dear PassMark,

I want to have an automation configuration test for servers(test and compare), which utility is best suited for this. Burn-in Test or Performance Test?

Minh.

BurnInTest if you want to check the components of the system are functioning correctly.

PerformanceTest if you want to measure the speed of the systems and compare them.

Comment

Do PassMark have an equivalent test that can be perform equivalent to Linpack test?

Comment

There is no standard "Linpack" test.

Linpack is basically a test of how fast floating point maths can be done on a CPU. You can use the "floating point" test in the CPU suite in PerformanceTest as an equivalent test.

Comment

I created a USB bootable to WINPE ADK and it can run Burn-in Test, and now wanted to integrate Performance Test to add test coverage. For some reason the Performance Test would not load? I use PassMark WINPE which do not have Performance Test so I choose "Other", is this the correct way to setup? Please help.

Comment

WinPE isn't the full version of Windows. So there are some important things missing. Including pretty much all of DirectX9,10,11 & 12 (and OpenCL and OpenGL, DirectCompute, DirectWrite, etc..). So there is no easy way to get PerformanceTest working in the cut down WinPE O/S.

Comment

Can you provide a recommendation on what OS is best suited for what I want to do? Using Burn-In Test first then Performance Test.

Comment

Windows 10

Comment

Working...
                X