Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB3Console can't read the passmark

Hi There,

Here we are testing two types of ARJ45 for USB extend solution.
    And during the test of one type of cable, we are using USB3Console -f to read the Passmark connected , the returncode is 0 which indicates system is able to find the passmark hardware, but when we use the python subprocess to read that passmark hardware ID, it shows empty.
    There is no issue on another type of ARJ45 cable.
    They two types of ARJ45 cables are identical on the impedance.
    Thanks for looking at this.

Here is the python we use to call back the connected passmark hardware ID:

def Passmark_Attach():
    p = subprocess.Popen(r"M:\\Result\\FunctionalTestScrip tGE\\USB3Console.exe -f", stdout = subprocess.PIPE)
    output = p.communicate()
    returncode = p.wait()
    print(returncode)
    data = output[0].decode("utf-8").splitlines()
    serial_number_array = []
    for i in data:
    find_device_data = i.split("=")
    serial_number_array.append(find_device_data[1])
    p.kill()
    return serial_number_array

Can you try the USB3Test software and see what the behaviour is with both cables.

(But if one cable works and the other one doesn't, then it seems reasonably clear there is a problem with the cable)

Comment

Both cable works fine under USB3 test software, thanks.

Comment

So maybe you are mistaken and both cables are fine (or both are intermittent) and there is some randomness in the process. e.g. it is bad 1 time in 4 on both cables.
        Or maybe your script is bad and leaves the port locked or something similar and only the first attempt works with the script.
        Maybe more experimentation to narrow it down.
        Protocol bus analysis might also help, if you have the gear to do it.

Comment

Thanks, David.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
            So maybe you are mistaken and both cables are fine (or both are intermittent) and there is some randomness in the process. e.g. it is bad 1 time in 4 on both cables.
            Or maybe your script is bad and leaves the port locked or something similar and only the first attempt works with the script.
            Maybe more experimentation to narrow it down.
            Protocol bus analysis might also help, if you have the gear to do it.
            Hi David,

If i would like to do the USB loopback on the " only " passmark connected, shall i use the command " .\USB3Console.exe -s USB3 -t 2 -l 1" ? Looks like system gave the error "Error: Device not found."

Please kindly help.

Comment

Working...
            X