Pc build for my brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pc build for my brother

We are looking at a price range at around £400 but can go up a little bit if necessary here is what I have so far I was wondering what you guys think.

case

CiT Vanquish Gaming Toolless Case with USB3 Port, Side Window, Card Reader and 2 x 12CM Red Led Fans

hard drive

WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

ram

HyperX Beast 8 GB 2400 MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM (Kit of 2 x 4 GB) XMP

power supply

Antec True Power 550W 80 Plus Gold Power Supply Unit

graphics card

Sapphire PCI Express R7 260X 2GB Graphics Card (OC GDDR5, HDMI, DVI, DP, 2S)

cpu

AMD AD860KXBJABOX - ATHLON X4 860K 4.0GHZ BLACK - SKT FM2+ L2 4MB 95W PIB

motherboard

MSI A78M-E35 Mini-ATX Motherboard (AMD FM2+ A78, 2x DDR3, 4x USB 3, E LAN, HDMI, DVI)

hope this is all of the parts that is needed. hope this is ok, what are your thoughts on it? Anything need to be changed? excuse the random colour change.

Doesn't appear to be any mouse, keyboard or monitor (or Window's license).

The parts above will get you a basic machine suitable for browsing, watching videos, and some gaming, but not at the highest settings / resolution.

CPU is already redundant. Maybe the AMD FX-8320 would be better if you are on a tight budget.

Comment

He already has mouse monitor and keyboard and I have a spare windows licence for him.

so if I change the CPU to the amd fx-8320 would that be faster for the machine or just a price cut?
      is the rest of the parts ok for the budget I am on then?

thx for the advise you have given so far really appreciate it

Comment

FX-8320 would be slightly faster on some tasks, but check what CPUs the MB supports.

I don't know what current UK prices are like (with VAT and all), so it is hard to suggest parts for a fixed low budget.

From a performance point of view the current Intel CPUs would do better, as would using a SSD. Might be out of reach on the budget however.

Comment

Working...
        X