Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How well to intel mobile graphics work for games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How well to intel mobile graphics work for games?

Just got son an upgraded laptop with an i7-4510U processor. Only specs I can find say it has "mobile Intel HD graphics." Unclear if this means the 4000, 4400, etc. How can I find out and how much difference does it make? Computer is Toshiba L55-B5357 (offered at discount to me by Amazon because they didn't directly sell the Lenovo G50 59421808 that was sold out everywhere else). Specs seem to be the same otherwise; just wondering how good graphics are.

That CPU has HD Graphics 4400.

Which is fine for browsing, watching video, E-Mail and light gaming.

It would be pretty rubbish for running the latest games at the best quality settings however.

Comment

Originally posted by David (PassMark) View Post
      That CPU has HD Graphics 4400.

Which is fine for browsing, watching video, E-Mail and light gaming.

It would be pretty rubbish for running the latest games at the best quality settings however.
      Thanks - just passed on to my son. Can't tell from online info if this laptop can accommodate additional graphics card.

Comment

I don't know any laptop that has an upgradeable video card.

Comment

There are no fast graphic chips with a socket currently as far as I am aware.
          For some machines this can be done with acceptable costs, but you need a new motherboard (which comes with the additional video chip) and a different cooling system if they differ.
          You should know the hardware very well if you want to consider this, I wouldn't recommend.
          (I have done this once with a Dell Latitude E6410)

However you are able to upgrade quite a lot of modern laptops with external graphics cards, but that kind of defeats the purpose of a portable device. (Never used such an external one yet)

Comment

Working...
          X